Tuesday, 15 August 2017

Things I've Been Loving Recently | Favourites


Follow

Hello Everyone,

This past month has been one hell of a month for me, it's been a very testing time indeed and I think that when you're having a rather terrible time of it, you just need some things that make you happy which is the inspiration behind this post, I decided to share with you some of the things I've been loving lately because sometimes you really need the little things that cheer you up.


As you can see, there's a good range of bits here but I'm going to start with one of my new favorite books that I recently finished:


I loved this book so much! It was beyond any expectations I had going into this narrative and I have to be honest, I was pretty excited when I received the package containing The Women of the Castle* which is a new release about a widow of the resistance in Nazi Germany, who, after her husbands execution for his role in a failed plot to assassinate Hitler, begins a search for fellow wives and widows of the resistance with the aim of saving them and bringing them under her care at an old castle passed down from her late husband's family.
The story of the unlikely companions is extremely absorbing and I was unable to put this book down, the women all have very different characters and secrets of their own which, when combined with the tales of their past, present and future, delivers such a compelling story that I wished it would never end.
I'm really into history and one period of time I'm particularly interested in is the World War 2 era and I'm especially interested in the lives of the women of that time period but The Women of the Castle also offered up a look at the lives of German women rather than the allied side and that to me is what made this book so unique and I rated The Women of the Castle 5/5 stars on Goodreads.


My next favourite might seem a little peculiar as I'm not sure I've ever blogged about tea before but lately I've been buying this China Rose Tea from Twinings, Twinings has been my favourite tea brand for ages but after discovering this China Rose tea, I've been even more hooked, it's a black tea (I just can't get down with green teas sadly) with a subtle but delicious hint of rose, ah-may-zing! Also, you might also be able to see my favourite cup of the moment from Cath Kidston's new Pet's Party range which you may have seen in my recent Homeware Haul (#PLUG).  


My next favourite is the Modern Renaissance Palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills which isn't a new palette but like many other beauty fans I was really excited by the release of the Subculture palette, that is until I saw the reviews (which were terrible if you missed that) and so I rekindled my love of the Modern Renaissance Palette every time I've had makeup on, I'm sure you know the score but all of these shades are really highly pigmented, blend beautifully and have an interesting colour scheme that is kind of neutral kind of not so you can either create a bold 'Look at Me' look or stick to a more everyday thing (which is what I do because I'm old and boring).

The makeup brush is from my new favourite set from Primark, you may have seen the post where I slated the newish brand Indy Luxe for producing poor quality, ebay style brushes for an offensive mark up, in that post I recommended these Primark brushes instead, they're only £10 for a set, themed and soft. Job done.


As you can see, the shade Golden Ochre is my favourite shade to use but I also love Buon Fresco which is a dusty rose colour and pretty perfect.


The final thing I've been loving is this gorgeous Rainbow Shine Wand*, you all probably know by now how much I love Lee Stafford, I've talked previously about Lee Stafford's 'The Straightener', the Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Long Tong and the Lee Stafford CoCo LoCo Blow and Go Nuts and with all of these hair tools I have been nothing but 100% satisfied.
The Reason I'm loving this Rainbow Shine Wand is because, unlike the long tong, it doesn't have a clip over the barrel which works better for my fine hair as the clip was prone to leaving a kink.
It is taking a little getting used to using a barrel over my usual straighteners but the overall look is really pretty when I do use this wand instead, I like to brush the curls out for a loose wave and I have had loads of compliments.
I also love the handle, it is really satisfying to hold as it feels slightly rubbery to the touch, I really like the feel of it over the standard plastic finish I've had on wand handles in the past, is that weird?
The selling point for me is definitely the design though, that rainbow barrel just has all of my favourite aesthetics covered! You know by now I'm a bit of a sucker for designs and this, much like the rest of the Lee Stafford range, is absolutely stunning!


They also include a real glove to stop amateurs like myself from burning their hands styling, this has been a life saver because I'm a clumsy oaf when it comes to styling my hair as I'm usually a 'tuck it into a bun' girl, I say real glove by the way because every other 'glove' I've had with a hair tool has been a two finger shield which is no use to me when I'm burning all over the show, the glove with this little beauty is a real, full hand, five finger, actual glove. Thank you Lee Stafford! Oh and one more thing, the glove is pink... just casually throwing that in, not that I like pink or anything... 

So that's my little favourites post if you will, as always, if you've tried an of these do let me know!

Bye for now,

Rosy xx 

* = PR Sample, all thoughts are my own.


SHARE:

31 comments

  1. That tea sounds lovely and how pretty is the packaging. I usually prefer green tea but the rose infusion of this tea would probably be really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard really good things about that palette. I'm trying to chose between this one or the naked heat

    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine why, these products look great!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this tea too! We have it at work and I drink a cup a day more or less. Haven't tried any Anastasia palettes, but I really should as everyone is raving about them and I only hear good things. Thanks for sharing your favourites x
    www.rougenapples.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great product picks! That Anastasia palette is on my wishlist as well, the colors are simply stunning, and it's great to hear that the quality is top-notch as well.

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love rose tea so much it looks glorious
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That curling iron is too cool! I love how holographic it is. That makeup brush is too good too! Thanks for sharing :) xx Shannon || www.champagneatshannons.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to get my hands on the Modern Renaissance palette! That book sounds really interesting. I also love history and the ww2 era is always fascinating so I'll have to pick it up!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book sounds awesome, I need a new one to start!

    How To Attend NYFW As A Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  10. That China Rose tea sounds amazing!!!!! :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read great things about the eyeshadow palette and it is indeed gorgeous, everyone seem to enjoy using it!! I bought two books to take with me and read while on vacation but I failed in that part, I haven't found time to read any of them.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow these pictures are so pretty! This is so unbelievably cute!
    Ladies Loafers Online India have been popular due to its comfort. Today, loafers for ladies are so popular as it exhibits a great fashion statement. The leather lining always provides ultimate comfort and can be worn all day long.

    Visit: http://bissq.kinja.com/loafers-the-comfort-wrapped-style-1797666925

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book sounds awesome and the curling wand looks sooo pretty!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Rosy....I'm sorry this month has been tough! But you're right, we need to concentrate on the things that make up happy, so I enjoyed reading about these items!!
    We like to have a cup of tea almost every afternoon, so I'll have to try this one!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. We do need to have little things and moments to cheer us up and let us get through days or weeks... for me now its having flowers in vases around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tea sounds lovely! Have a great weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really really need to purchase the modern renaissance asap! Everyone loves it! I agree I was so disappointed about subculture, was wanting to buy that first before the MR but after watching reviews I'm having my doubts

    Reine | Sincerely Reine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the Modern Renaissance palette and I LOVE it! Glad you also enjoy yours!

    xo Tina
    IG: @tinasweetheart
    www.tinasweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely picks! That curling wand looks amazing!
    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The makeup brush is so cute! I desperately want a set of unicorn brushes as well.
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, sometimes you do just need the little things. I've never actually tried any of these, but the tea sounds interesting, and the rainbow wand looks so fun!

    amberelb.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing post I love it :) thanks for sharing

    jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colors of the Anastasia palette are amazing! And teas from Twinnings are really good! Nice list. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great list. A curling rod is a must have for me too.
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/shein-romancing-with-zara/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that ABH palette. It's amazing! The book sounds so interesting. I'm gonna check it out! :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. The palette is really pretty and...I might have to try that tea? :D


    http://www.desiringsme.com/faux-floral-top/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tea and a good book can make even the most trying times more bearable. I am sorry to hear you needed a pick me up, hopefully these things (and time) will sort that out.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  28. The ABH Modern Renaissance palette is probably my favourite, or at least top 2! It's just so nice to use and I love the colours.

    Amy – https://amyevans.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. The ABH Renaissance palette looks stunning and one I have admired but yet to try. The Lee Stafford wand looks fab also!

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooo that tea sounds yummy, I might see if I can find some of that (love the mug btw!)

    Hannah @ The Northern Writes | www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig