Monday, 10 July 2017

PMD - Personal Microderm Review



Follow

Hello Everyone, 

Today I'm here to talk about an item that has been causing a bit of a stir in the beauty world lately, the PMD, aka, the Personal Microderm.




I was recently offered the chance to try out using The PMD and having already read a few reviews, I was pretty excited to give this little device a try. 


Can I just point out that it's pink? Now you can pick other colours but by now I think you all know that I'm a huge blogging cliché and if I have the opportunity to try anything pink coloured, I will, also, note the marble background... I couldn't hold out on that cliché anymore either, sue me!

Anyway, back to the PMD, so what does it claim?

The PMD is said to deliver the same anti-ageing and skin purifying results as microdermabrasion treatments available in medical spas and salons but, as you're doing it from home, it costs only a fraction of the price. It combines exfoliation with a vacuum suction to leave skin brighter, smoother and more rejuvenated after a few weeks of consistent use.
 

The PMD is easy to use, as you can see there's a sliding 'Off - On' switch which starts everything off, I tried it on my arm before putting it near my face first because if you're going to lose your skin you have to prioritise, luckily no skin was ripped off, no pain was felt and I was confident enough after that little toe dip to move on to my face.
The first time felt weird, it's a strange feeling to glide something that's making a noise and sucking with quite some gusto across the contours of your face but once the first time is over, it becomes a lot less daunting to use because there was no pain, no discomfort, no redness or any indication I had just used a tool on my face.

The device comes with an assortment of disks to use, the recommendation is to start off with the 'sensitive' disk to test your tolerance and to learn how to use the PMD correctly (can you see the white tip in the picture below? That is the sensitive disk, you can unscrew the lid and replace the white tip with a more advanced disk as you progress through your treatment.)

Continued use will see the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles along with an overall improvement of skin tone by fading uneven pigmentation, sun damage, age spots and also a reduction of the formation of acne because it helps clear out pores and make skincare more effective by removing the top layer of dull and dead skin cells meaning your chosen skincare can penetrate up to 20x deeper.


If you think this all sounds a little confusing, the PMD comes with an instructional DVD to show you exactly how to use your new device but once you try it out, I promise it's actually really easy.


So I've been using my PMD for 6 weeks now and I've definitely noticed a difference to my skin, my face is so much softer to the touch and I feel more hydrated from the effects of my skincare now, I have come to enjoy my tuesday night PMD ritual and I'm going to keep using it weekly because the PMD Website states that users are likely to notice a reduction in fine lines after 8-12 weeks use and I'm really really down for that! I'll post an update in a few weeks and let you all know how it is going but as we stand, I'm really excited about the PMD and the journey it is taking my skin on and for £135, it definitely works out a lot cheaper than several trips to skincare spas!

Have you tried the PMD? I'd love to know your thoughts.

Rosy xx

*PR Sample
SHARE:

75 comments

  1. This looks amazing! I would love to try it <3

    X Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems interestingly good and worth a try. Thanks for sharing, hun.

    Funmi x
    www.funmialabi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh wow! this sounds so promising. keep us posted on the results after 4 weeks later

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I think I've seen these before. I'm glad that it's working for you, it looks like something I wouldn't mind trying.


    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed trying it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh, this actually sounds really intriguing - I've been wanting to step up my skin care. I think it's something I definitely need to try!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to invest in some good skin creams next.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  6. I see these all the time in beauty & makeup stores, but never knew what they did. So glad to hear they are painless. That would be a big concern for me. So cute and beneficial. Would love to get one! Thanks for this review.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a weird sensation to get used to haha

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. I love the sound of this! I can imagine testing it out for the first time would be a bit scary but it sounds like it's already working well. I'm forever wanting to try spa treatments like this but always favour things you can do yourself at home.

    Amy - http://amyevans.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bit of spa at home :)

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
      My Instagram | Instagram

      Delete
  8. The right skincare is so amazing,
    i never heared about this look before but it sounds amazing.
    I definetly have to test it.

    with love your AMELY ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great beauty tool to get. I'm thinking about it :D

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you get it :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  10. Great post!
    Have a nice day!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had never seen this product. Since I have rosacea I try not to be too hard on my skin. A scrub during the shower once a week does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh definitelky stay away from it if you have very sensitive skin!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  12. All I can say is I need this in my life, it sounds perfect and its pink..bonus! :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything pink instantly draws me in!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  13. No one can do flatlay like you. Amazing product.


    New post is up on UNIQUEYEAH !
    uniqueyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks intriguing! Want to check it out :) Thanks for sharing love!

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven’t head of PMD but I’m willing to try anything to keep my skin looking young and fresh. Wow this product looks revolutionary. I just might splurge and get one. Thanks for sharing Rosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. interesting! Anything that promises to improve my wrinkles without sticking a needle in me is a win win in my eyes!

    Hannah @ The Northern Writes | www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I also hate the idea of needles :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  18. Thank you for your review, really! I'd like to try it, I've been into facial beauty so much lately haha (always looking for new products to try!)
    Happy weekend, dear!
    xx Elisa
    Francine's Place | DIY & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could just invent a time machine and keep myself 21 forever :)

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
      My Instagram | Instagram

      Delete
  19. WOAH! This is so cool. I've been looking into spa treatments for this so I really love that you can bring it home. I've never heard of this tool so I'm so glad you shared it!! x Shannon || www.champagneatshannons.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh wow this sounds like it can do some really good stuff for my skin! I can't wait to read your update on how it works x


    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks amazing, I would love to try it
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the read :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  22. This seems so cool, I think I've seen this on Macy's Christmas in July Sale, seems cool.

    x,
    Chanel | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had Christmas in July here haha.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  23. I've seen this before and have been so curious to try it out! I admit it seems a bit scary to do at home spa treatments but this one seems foolproof and easy to use <3

    Stacey, thebambieyes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm sometimes worried about messing around with spa style toold in my own home.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  24. Nice! I'll be honest, I've always been a little skeptical of products like this but that's awesome that you've had good results! And the price is definitely good. I'll have to look into it!
    Julia | Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always super skeptical too if I'm honest.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  25. I think I've seen this product now and again online. It's nice to see a review of it. Like Julia above, I don't tend to use these sorts of products- although my acne-scarred face could really use it! However, since you speak so highly of it, maybe it's worth pursuing further!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know your thoughts :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  26. I never tried any of this kind of products! It looks great!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's great that you trialled this for 6 weeks before reviewing it! This sounds like such an interesting tool and one I'd never heard of before, so thanks for the introduction! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hadn't heard of this, Rosy!! But it sounds like something we could all use!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the idea to have spa treatments at home but at a much affordable price!x
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about affordability :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  30. Can't wait for your update - sounds like such a nigty little skincare device.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Did you say reduction in fine lines? I mean that's amazing. I must try and get my hands on this.

    Meg | The Blog
    Instagram: MeghanSSilva

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds really interesting! Have a great day!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, this looks really promising! Hope for an update after a few weeks to see the results, but in the meantime I'm going to try and get it myself! x Sam



    Sam Hodgett || Beauty, Food, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  34. Seems like an awesome product. Do keep us posted on how the final results look.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wonder if it's effective on stretch marks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know, I might have to look that up.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  36. I am glad to see brands come up with cool devices like this, that we can easily use at home instead of going to an expensive spa. Great review! x

    Naya // www.partyparrotblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Little SPA at home - sounds good to me! I am definitely not going to complain about that. Would I be able to commit to use it regularly? Probably not ;) Iga x www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig