Monday, 8 May 2017

Cuteness Overload

Follow

Hello Everyone,

Today's post is what I consider to be a nice bit of light relief from the complexities of modern life, sometimes I find myself getting bogged down with life as we know it, I've mentioned these sorts of feelings before when I discussed our increasing inability to switch off and be alone with our own thoughts and also when I discussed the importance of taking time out and I still stand by these posts but I also think that sometimes we just need to look at nice things to get a happiness boost, for me that involves either taking a lovely walk outside through the hills or staying in and looking at lovely cute things that I fill my house with like a bloody magpie!







Let's all take a second first of all to admire this gorgeous little Pusheen Mermaid* which I can't stop staring at/hugging (when my mini me allows me to have a turn that is!). I am fast becoming a crazy cat lady myself with my two real life kitties and so anything involving cats is already a win but mix in a mermaid theme too? I can't handle the cuteness! I'm sure you've already seen Pusheen the cat doing the rounds online and in shops, the super cute kitty has over 9 million likes on facebook and is the star of her very own online series and now she's in my house... going online again haha. The mermaid Pusheen isn't coming in stock till the 1st June but there are plenty other Pusheen kitties to get your hands on before then - and no, I'm not on commission!



Next let's talk beauty, you all know I love me some pretty pink or pastel beauty products and this little gem from Physician's Formula is no different. I know this brand can be hard to come by in the UK but amazon is here to help us out, the aptly named Happy Boost Blush really does perk my mood up, good pigmentation and a universally flattering pinky shade all combined in a cute little mirrored case with a concealed pink brush inside, what's not to love, also, hearts all over your blusher? Why the heck not!



Next we have these pretty makeup brushes, I always get asked where I picked these up as they've featured in a fair few flat-lay pictures, well they went out of stock pretty much as soon as I got them and so I've not been able to share the wealth (and by wealth, I mean stockists) but the day has finally arrived, I've found some that look identical to mine, I don't own this set exactly so I can't tell you how they work in terms of usage but honestly, I bought mine because they're simply beautiful, full stop. Have a look yourself at these Mermaid Makeup Brushes and tell me you're not slightly weak at the knees?



Now let's be honest, I shove books into every collective post I can, I'm a total book nerd and I can't get enough of books at all, I even have framed book covers in my living room (which you can see in my Living Room Transformation post) and so it should come as no surprise that I'm seriously into cute book covers too, I really love the aesthetic of  this cover of  Lost For Words* - a newly released book for book lovers. The cover is right up my street if I'm honest.
While we are on the subject of books, I'll just stress again that I have a YouTube channel devoted to books and the occasional paranormal storytime type video, you should check it out :)

And that brings us to the end of this little post that hopefully made your day a bit brighter, thought I best get some happiness injected as next week's post is going to be a bit of a heavy one so keep your eyes out for that next monday.

Bye for now!

Rosy xx



Post contains *PR Samples
SHARE:

100 comments

  1. Ahhh those brushes are so cute!!
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really one for cuteness in things, I feel overwhelmed quite easy. Switching off to a clean surface and plain space is more my thing. Kind of hard to achieve when you have kids running around.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love cuteness haha, too clean a space feels a bit clinical to me.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  3. I love your unicorn brushes and Physician's Formula has the cutest designs for their makeup. I love cute books with awesome front covers.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling truly uplifted after reading this blissful post lovely! I loved seeing your collection of beautiful, happy things - I challenge anyone to read this post and not come away with a smile on their face and a rise in their mood :) Oh my gosh for the pusheen mermaid; I'm head over heels in love! The heart themed blusher is all the adorable, I'm lusting so hard RN, and more mermaid magic? Yes please for those beaut brushes ;) The Lost For Words book cover is stunning too. Totally loving how you've spelt out all your happy things with scrabble letters, so quirky and cute <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm all about a solid dose of cuteness now and then :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  5. These brushes are adorable, and how cute is this blush/

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all this cuteness! That Pusheen Mermaid is totally adorable! I think I'd be compelled to just hug it all the time ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's exactly how I feel.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  7. These flatlays are so sweet, and that book cover is gorgeous! Books and paranormal story time videos? Count me in!

    amberelb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so adorable! I love the brushes the most, but I love everything. The plushie is also super cute, I have one similar but it's one of those little Japanese dogs and I love it also. This post is so cute, I want more of my posts to be like this haha.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plushies always help me cheer up haha.

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
      My Instagram | Instagram

      Delete
  9. Very cute :)
    Have a nice day,
    Natallia
    www.loveorganic.ch

    ReplyDelete
  10. If there is a pusheen there is love, cuteness, and sweet feelings! I love this creature!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am constantly on the look out for adorable items for photo props and also just my own enjoyment (I love cute things. So. Much.) so I loved this post! Also those mermaid brushes are almost too cute to handle, I want them so badly now!
    Julia || Julia in Bluhm

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hearts blush and the brushes are so cute! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can totally relate with feeling like life is constantly overwhelming I always feel behind. On top of that I'm starting to feel burned out and need a holiday asap. This little kitty stuffy is so cute!

    xoxo
    Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so overwhelming at times isn't it.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  14. you need to get to primark, they have a pusheen mermaid t-shirt complete with sequins 😂

    Hannah @ The Northern Writes | www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Taking time outs are so important. I figured that out a few months ago, I never allowed myself to have a break and I ended up getting overwhelmed, depressed and was no help to anyone or my business. this little mermaid pushed is adorable. I want to hug it and hug it and never let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the mermaid makeup brushes!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, I like it :)

    new post
    https://www.instagram.com/ilijac/
    http://mensfashionobsession.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The mermaid makeup brushes are adorable!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post! Those mermaid makeup brushes are amazing! :)

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That blush is so pretty, I used to have it! I think I am going to buy it right now
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is cuteness overload for real! :) I love the mermaid brushes and that pink blush is simply gorgeous to even look at! I think I need these in my life, they can definitely put a smile on my face! :) xo


    Sabina | I've Got Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good bit of cuteness is something we all need.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  23. The topic says its selves. Love the set.
    xx
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely brushes and that blush looks so cute!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the look of that blush! The brushes also look adorable! Great post xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Pusheen! The makeup brushes are really pretty.

    http://amyevans.blog - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg such pretty things! Colours etc can really change a persons mood too! I love the look of that blusher but would be too scared to use it ;) haha x

    LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy to sheer out :)

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
      My Instagram | Instagram

      Delete
  28. So many cute things in this post! I love that Pusheen and those plushes <3
    http://www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute aren't they :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  29. Cuteness overload indeed - that blush is so pretty!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  30. It is all cute ! I love the mermaid brushes - and the blush is stunning too.

    www.pink-purpledots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving the cuteness at the moment :)

      Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
      My Instagram | Instagram

      Delete
  31. Haha you are right definitely cuteness overload! Have a great weekend.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stop it!!! This cuteness overload is too much!! I need this Pusheen plush toy! *_*

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love Pusheen *_*

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow so cute and those brushes are so pretty! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Mermaid Pusheen and makeup brush is so cute!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is indeed cuteness overload! Love the unicorn brushes and this blush with hearts looks so good!
    Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend :)
    Stella
    www.stellaasteria.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Okay this is seriously ADORABLE! I am a huuuuge Pusheen fan and I think the only thing better than Pusheen is Pusheen as a mermaid! xx Shannon

    http://champagneatshannons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Pusheen is such a cute cat :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  38. How cute!! I love this post! And your pictures!

    Darriyan xx
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  39. How cute this post is. I adore these photos


    New post is up on UNIQUEYEAH !
    uniqueyeah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice sharing :) This is one of my favorite posts that you've done. Edward Gelber, M.D., Board-Certified Child Psychiatrist

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the idea behind this blog post, sometimes it really is nice to just look at pretty things and/or surround ourselves with the beautiful. Your mermaid makeup brushes are SO cute, oh my gosh!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Worldwide NARS Beauty Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, definitely a nice break at times :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  42. Haha, cuteness overload for sure! Love your photography and especially those mermaid brushes!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Those brushes are so cute! (:

    CM | XIII.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've never heard of Pusheen kitties. That is super adorable. And I can see why you're into mermaids. I just picked up a book too at the bookstore. I need to spend more time at bookstores. Way more fun than browsing Amazon Kindle ebooks.

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend so much money on books haha.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  45. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  46. PUSHEEN THE CAT.
    kill me now.

    my sister and i are just in loveeeeeeeee with pusheen the cat.
    no kidding cuteness overload.

    love this post!
    much love to you!

    blessings...
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your sister have good taste!

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  47. Pusheen!! Definitely cute!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those brushes are amazing!
    I'm the same with filling my life with cuteness...or stationary! It makes me incredibly happy :)

    Katie | http://katieameliaxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, a bit of cuteness lifts my mood.

      Rosy xx

      Delete
  49. Oh my!!! What a cute collection you have darling :)

    NEW POST: https://lotofdots.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/oversize-you/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. I know I should but I totally judge a book by its cover, and this book cover is absolutely lovely! Cant wait to hear your review on it! Loving your Youtube hun!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such beautiful photos and such a cute collection! That hearts blush would definitely brighten my day and I love the unicorn brushes!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute aren't they :)

      Rosy xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig